Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Consuming the Consumer by Being the Producer


Ever since I started the whole game making art has definitely changed my whole idea of gamemakers. I have always played all the games that someone else had made, and would always rage if they didn't make a sequel to a game that I really liked for the next month or year. But now I understand why they can't just throw out a new game like that, they use ten thousand times more coding than I would ever think existed. I play games like 1st and 3rd person shooters such as Left 4 Dead, Halo, Gears of War and Dead Space; Platformers and Adventure type games such as Assassins Creed, and Super Meat Boy, and I can be safe to say that I now fully understand why it takes so long for a game to come out or if the date gets pushed back. I love all those games and I do feel bad for saying such harsh things about why they would push back dates, because I kinda get the whole game making process for a game, and truely understand how much work goes into making a game perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Saw

SAW VII 3D: Movie Trailer. Watch more top selected videos about: Tobin Bell, Gina Holden